San Francisco, California, 22222
E: t.parkins@anymail T: 555-143-0584
Experienced radio personality with a passion for giving listeners an enjoyable and engaging experience. Over five years of experience presenting music, announcing program schedules, making promotional appearances, and interviewing high-profile guests. I have worked in various radio stations as a host and behind the scenes. Proficient in Avid Technology Pro Tools and Adobe Systems Adobe Audition music-editing software. Familiar with several types of audio-mixing consoles and media control systems. Quick to learn how to operate new tools, equipment, and software. Excellent public speaking skills with a knack for making all content interesting and entertaining.
July 2015 – present
• Announce musical selections, commercials, and station breaks, and accept requests from audience.
• Record 5-10 commercials daily for later broadcast.
• Research, prepare, and deliver music and pop-culture news, and condense announcements to material that will convey information within time slots.
• Confer with producers and assistants to select program content based on audience tastes, program specialties, and public requests.
• Interview guests after studying background information and preparing questions that result in engaging content.
• Increase radio station audience by 20% during lunch break show.
New Life Media
April 2013 – July 2015
• Selected and played music geared towards the crowd.
• Conferred with brides, grooms, and wedding planners to determine desired music genres, review specific songs, confirm schedules, and learn name pronunciations.
• Set up and tested sound and lighting equipment before each event.
• Inform guests of upcoming events, and announced key information regarding dances, cake cutting, and speeches.
• Take requests from guests and announce dedications.
• Improved referrals by 30 percent over two years.
August 2012 – May 2013
• Assisted producers and talent by setting up equipment in the studio, preparing advertisement scripts, supplying hosts with research and reading materials, and recording segments for future broadcasts.
• Maintained the station’s website with news, guest interview transcriptions, and podcast streaming and download information.
• Fielded calls for song requests, took contact information from contest winners, and made calls to potential advertisers.
• Performed administrative duties including distributing mail, communicating with listeners and advertisers via email, filing membership information, coordinating station giveaways, and maintaining appearance dates.
• Implemented Twitter and Instagram social media campaigns, increasing audience participation by 35 percent.
Education and Training
Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication – May 2013
San Francisco State University, California
• Excellent announcing and interpersonal communication abilities
• Friendly and approachable disposition resulting in comfortable interviews, friendly phone calls, and lucrative promotional events
• Detail-oriented research skills
• Expertise in Pro Tools and Adobe Audition
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Demonstrated service orientation, always looking for a way to help and contribute
Hobbies and Interests
Enjoy playing guitar and singing as a hobby. Volunteer at the local animal shelter biweekly. Learning photography and videography in my spare time.
|RE: APPLICATION FOR INTERN FREELANCING POSITION WITH|
I hereby submit my application to your office. My name is <NAME> Intern seeker and I am looking for a non-paid intern freelancing English Radio Presenter position with <Radio>.
I have a great interest and passion in Radio Profession and I could be very helpful at <RADIO>. I am dependable, bright, eager to learn and very trustworthy with excellent communication skills and calm under pressure.
I could be of a service in your programming department on a flexible, part-time basis. All I ask in return is the privilege of working with and learning from your staff.
I have enclosed my resume which will give you an idea of my background. If there is anything else you need, please do not hesitate to call. I am ready for an aircheck/demo recording at any time.
I would gladly make time to meet with you personally. Thank you in advance. I look forward to hearing from you.