Professor Debra Austin, JD, PhD
1. Add my TWEN Lawyering Process Course
2. Save the January Syllabus
3. Class on Monday, January 8: Please Note that both of my LP sections (the 9:00 and the 10:30 sections) will meet together on Monday, January 8 at 10:20 in Room 280 for a special presentation.
4. Class on Wednesday, January 10: Complete the Career Vision Statement Assignment, submit to TWEN by 8:00 am, and bring it to class.
5. Purchase Writing to Win: The Legal Writer by Steven D. Stark, (Three Rivers Press, paperback, Rev Ed 4-24-12), approximately $15.55 on Amazon. We will also use A Lawyer Writes: A Practical Guide to Legal Analysis, 2nd Ed. (2013) and the Bluebook, 20th Ed. this spring.
6. Save the January Reading Assignments and the Assignment Sheet and Rubric for the Reading Presentations and Quizzes. You will randomly draw a Reading Assignment in class on January 10, on which you will give an oral presentation on either January 17, 22, or 24.
7. I look forward to working with all of you this spring. Please note that I will be out of town from Jan 3-7 giving a presentation at the Annual Meeting of the Association of American Law Schools.
The Office of the Registrar handles all aspects of registration and administers all final examinations, maintains a system of blind grading, oversees the entry of all grades and is the official custodian of all student academic records. The office prepares certifications of character and fitness for state bar examinations and processes enrollment verifications, degree verifications and student deferments; it also administers the academic policies of the Sturm College of Law to ensure proper interpretation and understanding. The Registrar’s Office places new students into their respective first year sections and assists with commencement preparation and the graduation process. Faculty, staff and administration are provided with data for reports and planning, such as the preparation of the annual ABA Questionnaire and statistics regarding graduate performance on the semi-annual Colorado bar examinations. The law school is the only professional school within the University that provides student rankings, which are published annually in August by the Office of the Registrar.
- Monday through Thursday: 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- Friday: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM